Several years ago an attorney for the "humane advocate protectors" made this comment “This is a Nixonion pattern of intimidation and harassment by the track owners.”
Since that comment, the "humane advocate protectors" have:
- Circulated an email urging supporters to “refrain from interacting” with an adoption program.
- Had an attorney send letters to various adoption programs threatening to "report" them to the IRS.
- Called adoption leaders “Dog Killers”
In recent months, “humane advocate protectors" and supporters:
- Have taken images without permission from adoption groups which the groups use to raise money for adopting ex-racing greyhounds.
- Circulated posted graphics that call greyhound adoption group members by name saying they are "animal abusers".
- Attempted to damage the reputations of individuals in greyhound adoption and their abilities to find homes for ex-racing greyhounds.
- Sent an email to a group indicating greyhound adoption provides an "opt out" and the "humane advocate protectors" are ready to use their resources and political connections against those who do not share their mission.
Now who exactly is showing a pattern of intimidation and harassment? When did the "humane advocate protectors" decide that attacks and threats to those involved in greyhound adoption were acceptable, encouraged and/or condoned?