Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Helping one who has helped many.

In 2005 and 2006 as I negotiated the deal to remove the racing greyhounds from Juarez back to the US, several people were assisting from beginning. Two of those people were Pat & Alan Roberts. The owner of the track told me he would not release the greyhounds to me after previously telling me he would. I looked him in the eye, told him he was not an honorable man, turned my back to him and walked out. At my side were Pat, Alan, and Noreen Reid and as we walked side by side out of the building we expected at any moment to hear gun fire. Pat, Alan and Noreen where very courageous in going with me that evening and then walking  side by side with me after my negotiations failed, fully knowing the track owner was very angry with me.


Thankfully in 2006 the greyhounds of Juarez were returned to the US and adopted into forever homes.

Pat and Alan Roberts never turned away from helping a greyhound. If you can find it in your heart if you can join me again in walking side by side with Pat and Alan as it is now these two individuals that need our help.

Click here to support Alan Roberts LVAD Support Fund by Patricia Roberts



Many thanks for any assistance you can give.



Rory & Bobo...who is my 11.5 year old Juarez greyhound that is with me in no small part thanks to Pat & Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment