Thursday, July 11, 2013

Boogie land – The best of…………

Occasionally I will circle back and share a blast from the past. As I know my readership has been growing I felt now would be a good time to start sharing some older posts……..Ok, I just saw Olga chowing down on a Arizona sundried dog turd and well……….Here you go

Posted December 6th 2012 – Respect the Dogs

A few days ago as I was sitting in the office yard enjoying the Arizona "winter" weather, one of  my greyhounds came by and immediately grabbed a bit of dog poop and woofed it down. I instantly recalled all the debates regarding 4-D meat over the years and wondered if what Olga just ate was fit for human consumption? 

Of course not! Yet some individuals, who are more than eager to attempt to destroy the livelihoods of law abiding citizens with smear campaigns, claim 4-D meat is not fit for human consumption and should not be fed to dogs.

Hummm...screeching breaks here! 

If the argument is that 4-D meat is not fit for human consumption and should not be given to dogs – just one question – should any attention be given to individuals or organizations that are unable to distinguish between a human and canine?

Now while I have not personally witnessed any dog poop piles marked "Not Fit For Human Consumption", I’m pretty sure it is safe to say it is unfit for human consumption. If anyone out there would like to chow down on a bit of Poop and prove me wrong, go right ahead. In the same vein, many medications that are formulated for our pets are clearly marked for animal (or specifically dog, cat, etc.) use only. Animal medication is not fit for human consumption. 


Canines, no matter what breed they are, can and do consume things that are not fit for human consumption. It is their nature. I love my dogs with every fiber of my being, but my dogs are not human.

1 comment:

  1. 4-D has been the fear that anti racers have shoved down our throats. I have personally seen the kitchens (ok, I'm a novice here so whatever the food prep areas are called) and the houndies get food mixed to meet their athletic requirements. As an owner, why the heck would we give our hounds poisoned food?

    ReplyDelete